Raw Turkish Hazelnut Kernels
Hazelnuts are rich in…
- Vitamin E
- Vitamins of the B complex
- Manganese, magnesium, copper, calcium, potassium, iron and selenium
- Monounsaturated fatty acids
- Regulate cholesterol levels in the blood
- Assist in obtaining lustrous skin
- Promote a healthy nervous system
- Protect against cancer cells
- Enhance bone health
A portion of raw hazelnuts (28gr. or 21 pieces) contains 177 calories, 4.2 g protein, 4.7 g carbohydrate, 17.2 g fat (1.3 g saturated, 12.9 g monounsaturated and polyunsaturated 2.2 g) and 2.7 g of fibre.
How to eat
You can eat hazelnuts…
- As a small nutritious snack in the course of the day, and mixed with a few dry fruits like prunes or dates, you’ll have a smart and delicious sweet snack!
- Adding them to the various meals such as salads, yogurt and to home-made desserts, like cookies and cereal bars.
- Making hazelnut butter, mixing a few cups of raw hazelnuts along with a small amount of salt, vanilla, cinnamon or any other scents you want.