Raw Greek Pistachio Kernels
Pistachios are rich in…
- Monounsaturated fatty acids
- Carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin)
- Polyphenolic antioxidants
- Vitamin E
- Vitamins of the B complex
- Magnesium, phosphorus, copper, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, manganese and selenium
- Defends against the onset of Type II Diabetes
- Strengthen the immune system
- Eliminates skin dryness
- Protect against cancer and infections
- Regulate cholesterol levels in the blood
- Enhance eyesight
- Promote the health of the nervous system
Nutrition AnalysisA portion of unsalted pistachios (28gr. or 49 pieces) contains 157 calories, 5.8 g protein, 7.9 g carbohydrate, 12.6 g fat (1.5 g saturated, 6.6 g monounsaturated and polyunsaturated 3.8 g) and 2.9 g of fibre.
How to eatYou can eat pistachios...
- As a small nutritious snack in the course of the day (one handful).
- Adding them to various meals such as salads, yogurt dishes and rice or quinoa.
- Adding them to homemade sweets such as truffles with cocoa and oat biscuits.